Montgomery College ACES Ambassador Leadership Program
Fall 2023/Spring 2024
The mission of the Montgomery College (MC) ACES Ambassador Leadership Program (AALP) is to build a synergistic community of principle-based leaders within our ACES student team.
Our ACES Ambassador leadership journey continues strongly into its sixth year. Our theme this 2023/2024 season is “Leadership ACES – Empowerment through Effective Communication & Leadership Skills”. Our program includes:
- Thoughtful discussions about “skills” of conflict resolution, diplomacy, and effective communicating during our bi-monthly meetings (five in fall 2023 and five in spring 2024).
- Guest speaker presentations from our community to share their leadership experiences and educational/career journey.
- Leadership skills inquiries about our ever-changing world are needed to help solve and heal complicated world issues.
- A “public speaking” forum with Ambassadors participating in an “in-person” masterclass with peers and leaders in the community.
- Volunteer participation and panel presentations to support our ACES special programs, including “Welcome to ACES” and “Make Your Move”.
We would love to welcome you to join us!
Benefits of Participating in the MC ACES Ambassador Leadership Program:
- Expand leadership, public speaking, active questioning/listening and empowering communication skills.
- Achieve a proactive confidence to introduce and seek help with ACES student success coordinators, MC/USG career-building staff, and guest speakers.
- Empower oneself to create an impact on future ACES students’ education by sharing their personal experiences and mentoring.
- Receive direction and support towards applying/landing summer (paid) internships.
- Be a part of a close-knit team of your ACES peers who believe in each other’s excellence! See year five’s review of team-activities and just how exquisite our ACES Ambassadors are!
Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Attend five mandatory meetings (in-person at least 50% and online) per fall and spring semester. In-person meetings will occur on Tuesday afternoon from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. at the new Student Services building on the Rockville campus and on the Germantown campus (location to be determined).
- Follow through with all reading/video viewing assignments to help inspire discussion during our meetings.
- Speak/participate in two community engagement events.
- Volunteer at ACES programs (end of semester/year events).
- Help educate prospective students and the community about the ACES program through Zoom and “in-person” panel discussions (spring semester).
- Share ACES experiences as members of student/community panels, alongside ACES MC student ambassadors and ACES staff.
- Have fun and build a supportive community which will last beyond your years here at Montgomery College!
MC ACES Ambassador Leadership Program Criteria:
- Must be an ACES student currently enrolled in Montgomery College.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred.
- Attend 90% of ambassador meetings and events (in-person and/or hybrid).
Are You Interested in Joining Our ACES Ambassador Leadership Program?
For more information about our ACES Ambassador Leadership Program for the upcoming 2023-2024 season, please email Ms. Gina Marrazza, Coordinator, ACES Student Ambassador Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.