ACES Summer Programs
Mission Possible is a summer program for rising ACES juniors that equips students with the resources and skills to plan and prepare for college. This fun and engaging experience allows our Scholars and ACES Coaches to get to know each other, while setting students up for college success. By completing Mission Possible, our Scholars will learn:
- College exploration skills
- Fundamental financial literacy
- Effective writing techniques for their college and scholarship essays
This year, Mission Possible 2021 will be a hybrid model of live Zoom sessions and self-paced modules. Our live sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 29 – College Selection | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 6 – Navigating College Exploration Tools | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 13 – Financing College | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 19 – Intro to the ACES Pathway Experience | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 20 – ACES Student Perspective Panel | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
To register, Scholars should complete the Class of 2023 Intake Form found in their ACES Google Classroom, or in their ACES Welcome Letter. Students can also reach out to their high school ACES Coach for more information.
Make Your Move
The ACES Make Your Move program is an initiative created to enhance the engagement, and retention of ACES Scholars attending Montgomery College. Our mission is to empower students through academic skill building, access to resources, team building, self-awareness, and the development of habits needed to compete in today’s college environment and beyond.
The Make Your Move program takes place in the summer between an ACES student’s senior year in high school and freshman year at Montgomery College. The program includes various workshops, guest speakers, and team-building activities that acclimate students to Montgomery College and prepare them for academic success.
This year, Make Your Move will be delivered virtually on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. A Welcome to ACES @ MC Orientation for ACES parents and families will be held on the same day at 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information.
For more information regarding ACES summer programs please contact the ACES Administrative Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.